Top Tips and Quotes From the Sharks of “Shark Tank”
So lately I’ve been on a binge watching streak. It started with “Mr. Robot”, moved to “Stranger Things” and now I’ve landed on “Shark Tank” – and I’m hooked. Of course, I’ve seen episodes of the hit ABC TV series in the past, however, now I’ve somehow stumbled my way back to this show. Shark Tank is a great time killer and a brilliant show you can turn to when you need to get your entrepreneurial spirit revved up! The pitches and the investment process is always interesting to see and I enjoy watching Mark Cuban calling out “scammers.” However, what really intrigues me are the “Sharks” themselves and their business acumen.
That’s why this time I’ve gathered my top 10 quotes from the cast of Shark Tank!
1) “If you are under the illusion that you can start a business and run it at your life’s schedule, you are mistaken. The business is like a starving puppy – when it needs to eat, then it needs to eat regardless of what you have going on personally.” – Robert Herjavec
2) “Business is war. I go out there, I want to kill the competitors. I want to make their lives miserable. I want to steal their market share. I want them to fear me and I want everyone on my team thinking we’re going to win.” – Kevin O’Leary
3) “I always recommend, if you can, to patent or protect whatever your idea is. If you can’t, you have to make your best judgment. Sometimes people don’t get anywhere because they sit on something, so afraid to reveal it. And yet, in the reverse, sometimes if you expose something too widely, you can risk losing it.” – Lori Greiner
4) “Buyers decide in the first eight seconds of seeing a home if they’re interested in buying it. Get out of your car, walk in their shoes and see what they see within the first eight seconds.” – Barbara Corcoran
5) “Working 24 hours a day isn’t enough anymore. You have to be willing to sacrifice everything to be successful, including your personal life, your family life, maybe more. If people think it’s any less, they’re wrong, and they will fail.” – Kevin O’Leary
6) “What I’ve learned is that if you really want to be successful at something, you’ll find that you put the time in. You won’t just ask somebody if it’s a good idea, you’ll go figure out if it’s a good idea.” – Mark Cuban
7) “Five days a week, I read my goals before I go to sleep and when I wake up. There are 10 goals around health, family and business with expiration dates, and I update them every six months.” – Daymond John
8) “I just don’t sleep enough. But I have never met someone very successful who, at the end of their life, says – I wish I slept more.” – Robert Herjavec
9) “Because if you’re prepared and you know what it takes, it’s not a risk. You just have to figure out how to get there. There is always a way to get there.” – Mark Cuban
10) “If you go out there and start making noise and making sales – people will find you. Sales cure all. You can talk about how great your business plan is and how well you are going to do. You can make up your own opinions, but you cannot make up your own facts. Sales cure all.” – Daymond John
August 9, 2017
July 13, 2017
January 31, 2017